Data Privacy Statement
Power Montage Data Privacy Statement
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Power Montage reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement as needed, for example, to comply with evolutions in laws, regulations, Power Montage practices and procedures, or requests by supervisory authorities.
In this case, Power Montage will inform individuals of Power Montage who are impacted of material changes.
The main changes and reasons for changes between the current version of this Privacy Statement and the previous version of 13 May 2013 are the following:
– a new presentation as a layered privacy statement, in order to make it easier to read
– wording improvements
– consistent wording across Power Montage websites
– specify our data processing and data sharing activities and the types of information processed for improved clarity
changes to address new regulatory requirements resulting from the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation).
Why this Privacy Statement?
Power Montage is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of how your personal information is protected. You should read it before accessing Power Montage digital content.
Power Montage strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
This Privacy Statement describes how Power Montage processes and protects the personal information of individuals who use our websites and other digital content as well as in the context of our offline business activities.
Power Montage has also established this Privacy Statement as an external publication of our Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”), approved by data protection supervisory authorities of the European Union in November 2012 for the processing of personal information from the EEA as a data controller. In Power Montage’s Binding Corporate Rules, we respect and take into account the major principles of EU data protection rules as our Head Office is located in the European Union.
What is the Scope of this Privacy Statement? Who Is in Charge of Data Processing?
This Privacy Statement applies to all Power Montage subsidiaries and digital content, unless a specific privacy statement or privacy notice has been released to supplement it or to replace it. You should check the privacy statements made available to you on all digital content.
Power Montage is a global company, with legal entities, business processes, management organizations, and a system infrastructure that crosses borders. This Privacy Statement applies to all Power Montage data processing activities run by our wholly owned subsidiaries, including product and service offerings and digital content (e.g. websites, applications, tutorials, e-training, newsletters, advertising, communication). It may, however, be supplemented by a more specific privacy notice/statement/policy (“statement”) or even superseded by another statement specific to a particular Power Montage program, product, service, content or entity. It is important that you read the statements made available to you for your full information.
This Privacy Statement binds all Power Montage wholly owned subsidiaries and their employees.
Any order made by you online is also subject to the terms and conditions provided on the relevant sites. You must read them.
Why Do We Collect and Use Personal Information?
We use your personal information for various purposes including to fulfill your orders and requests, to manage our relationship, conduct surveys, improve our products, services, online content as well as your user journey, manage your account and the programs you join, analyze the activities on our websites, run our marketing activities, provide you with contextual and targeted advertising, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud and, more generally, run our business activities.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalized experience while using our digital content.
Power Montage collects personal information for the following purposes:
– To fulfill orders of products, services and digital content. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, to communicate with you about the status of your order and for contract management purposes.
– To process job applications from candidates.
– To address your requests for information. If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
– To provide you with the technical support you request from us. Personal information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
– For relationship management purposes. It includes communicating with you about the products, services and digital content you have acquired to ensure you use them in the best way possible, including via emails and newsletters. For instance, location data may be used to suggest sources of products or support near you.
– To conduct surveys and polls. We collect personal information from individuals who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to get to know you better, measure satisfaction and improve our products, services and digital content.
– To improve our products, services and digital content; for instance we analyze the use of our applications and sites in order to identify areas and functionalities where users have difficulties and we redesign them.
– To manage your account. When you register, we use your personal information to give you access to digital content and our services, authenticate you and interact with you about it.
– To run our promotional programs and activities: we collect personal information from you when you join a promotional or reward program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you relevant emails about the program and activity, notify winners, and make the winners’ list publicly available in accordance with applicable regulations and laws.
– For us (including our subsidiaries) and selected third parties to send you marketing information by mail, fax, phone, text messages, email and electronic communications about promotions, news and new products or services that we think may be of interest to you in compliance with applicable opt-in and opt-out requirements.
– To ensure the security of our products, services and digital content of our activities and of others, for the protection against fraud and the compliance with our terms and conditions and this Privacy Statement. We may also investigate potential breaches.
– To enable or administer our business, such as for quality control and consolidated reporting.
– To support corporate transactions or reorganizations in which Power Montage is involved.
– For business continuity and disaster recovery.
– To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For example accounting and tax obligations.
Any other purpose otherwise conveyed to you.
What Types of Personal Information Do We Process?
Power Montage processes various types of personal information including identity and contact related information, professional related information, information about your preferences, your interactions with us, financial related information, online traffic data and the content you provide us. In most instances this information is obtained from you. We also purchase lists from marketing agencies and obtain information from our partners through Cookies and social networks.
Personal information (also called personal data) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The types of personal information we process about you may include:
- identity and contact related information, such as your name, company, email address, phone number, photo, age range, contact addresses
- professional related information, such as customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe; acquisition and use of Power Montage products, services and digital content; or if you are a job candidate your educational, professional and employment background
- your preferences such as product and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences, and as a job candidate your job interests
- your interactions with us such as your queries, orders, claims, survey answers
- financial related information such as bank account details, credit card information
- online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, your Power Montage user ID and password, log in details, referring website, type of browser used, consulted content and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile device.
- content that you have provided via online forums or otherwise (see section 5 “Your Content” below).
You will need to provide some personal information to benefit from digital content. We will indicate it as the case may be. If you do not provide this information, you may not enjoy all or part of such digital content.
This Privacy Statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous, that is if individuals are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labor. If anonymized data becomes identifiable, then this Privacy Statement shall apply.
In most instances we collect this information directly from you or your employer who has a business relationship with us. We may also obtain information through a reseller or a business partner, by purchasing customer lists from marketing agencies, from your online browsing experience, from social networks when you connect with these network’s credentials and through Cookies (see our Cookie Notice). You may obtain more precise information on the third-party source of personal information (if any) by contacting us at the email address indicated in section 9.
You may have occasion to contribute content, including photos or comments, to online forums, applications or other digital platforms operated by Power Montage. Your content must be harmless. It must respect the rights and interests of others. You need to have obtained consent before sharing someone else’s data. You should apply caution before sharing information on the forum.
The content you provide us with must respect the rights and interests of others, including their rights to the protection of personal information and privacy. It should not be offensive, disrespectful or harmful in any way.
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that you have first obtained their consent to the processing of their personal information, including sensitive personal information, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal information will be processed.
While Power Montage strives to protect your personal information, providing it online on a shared forum is not risk-free. If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Power Montage have control over. Power Montage is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. You should apply caution before deciding to share information about yourself or another person.
Who Do We Share Personal Information With?
We share personal information with the Power Montage subsidiaries and the service providers involved in our activities, with advertising and marketing agencies, with social networks if you use their login credentials, with third-party websites if you register with Power Montage credentials, competent regulatory bodies and authorities and business successors.
Power Montage is a global group of companies which works as one. The teams which serve you may work for different subsidiaries. We believe that it is in our legitimate interest as well as in your interest that we share your personal information with Power Montage subsidiaries on a need to know basis to carry out the data processing activities described in this Privacy Statement, for example for customer relationship management, sales or product support, marketing, product development purposes, improvement of the products, services and digital content, data quality checks, or security, regulatory and compliance purposes.
We resort to service providers to carry out data processing activities and to provide our products, services and online content to you. These service providers include, without limitation, providers of hosting facilities, information systems, marketing agencies, IT support, security services, financial services, carriers who deliver products, outside accounting firms, lawyers and auditors.
We also share the information as follows:
– In connection with the provision of advertising, we may share some limited personal information (e.g. device identifiers, Cookie identifiers) with ad exchanges or agencies that manage advertising on third-party websites and apps on which you may see advertising.
– Power Montage may disclose your personal information as necessary to potential buyers and successors in title, to facilitate a merger, consolidation, transfer of control or other corporate reorganization in which Power Montage participates. – Where required by law or court orders or in order to protect our legal rights, we will disclose your personal information to government agencies, regulators and competent authorities.
– In other ways described in this Privacy Statement or to which you have otherwise consented.
– In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations).
We will not sell or rent your personal information to a third party without your permission.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Power Montage complies with widely recognized key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information.
Power Montage respects the privacy rights and interests of individuals. Power Montage subsidiaries will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
1. Processing personal information fairly and lawfully.
2. Collecting personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing it further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
3. Collecting personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
4. Maintaining accurate personal information, and where necessary, keeping it up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
5. Keeping personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
6. Processing personal information in accordance with individuals’ legal rights.
7. Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
8. When processing sensitive personal information, ensuring appropriate notice and consent or that the processing otherwise complies with applicable law;
All Power Montage subsidiaries must ensure that the above principles are complied with.
Power Montage and its subsidiaries are committed to taking commercially reasonable technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect personal information against unauthorized access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction.
We offer the use of a secure server to enable you to place orders or access your account information. We implement access control measures for our internal systems that hold personal information. Authorized users are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to personal information is provided to our staff for the sole purpose of performing their job duties. We sensitize our employees on proper use and handling of personal information. Our service providers are also required to maintain security measures similar to ours.
We implement security measures to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for these users. If you are a registered user, we use both logins and passwords to authenticate you. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your login credentials.
By using our digital content or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically or otherwise about related security, privacy, use and administrative issues. In spite of our efforts to implement appropriate security measures, online browsing carries inherent risks and we cannot guarantee that it is risk-free.
Social Media Websites
We also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Power Montage on various social media sites. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and the privacy settings of the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites and to adjust these settings as you see fit.
What Are Your Rights?
You can request access to your personal information and request it to be amended or deleted if inaccurate. You can always object to direct marketing.
Power Montage will comply with your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by any Power Montage entity and you will be given access to your personal information regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
If personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that it be amended.
Requests may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You always have the right to object to our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought when required by applicable law. To opt out of emails, simply use the functionality provided at the bottom of any email we send you.
Country specific sections may supplement this section.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a webpage server, which is essentially the computer that operates a website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned. We may also use other similar technologies (e.g. pixel tags, web beacons…) when you visit our websites and use our mobile applications, which seek information stored on your device. For purposes of this notice, all such technologies are referred to as “Cookies”.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or to stop cookies being accepted in future you should refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Instructions for:
- Internet Explorer
Third-party cookies for analytics purpose
In order to provide our visitors with a better service, we measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the different actions performed by visitors on our site, the geo-location of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. For this purpose, we use two web analytics software tools: Analyzer and Google Analytics as well as the Marketo Munchkin Cookie.
Google Analytics information
This website also uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
In case IP-anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the whole IP address first be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymization is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Last update: 15.October 2019